View Full Version : Rebuke vs Celestial Conduit

Archived Post
04-21-2010, 12:12 PM
pros and cons- Rebuke vs Celestial Conduit

Archived Post
04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
pros and cons- Rebuke vs Celestial Conduit

Celestial Conduit Pro:

Can be combined with Illumination to become an AoE attack.

Does damage similar to Conflagration.

Can be combined with Illumination to become an AoE heal

Heals for a ton, with PRE focus.

Doesn't look stupid.

Rebuke Pro:

100-foot range

Can slot crippling challenge

Hehe, I'm a little biased. The truth is that each power serves a different purpose. Celestial powers tend to be a little ahead of the game already because they are dual purpose (heal/attack). I just can't stand the way Rebuke looks.

If I had to pick one, though, it'd be Conduit. No question there.

Archived Post
04-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Conduit here as well, got ot be one of the best maintain heals in the game and outclasses a lot of the clickies as well, just make sure you have pre...

Archived Post
04-22-2010, 07:14 AM
* Conduit - as a maintain, does damage immediately and can KEEP doing damage as long as you have the energy

* Rebuke - has to be charged for max effect, during which time you can be knocked and lose the charge; also looks great on charge, but the final attack launch looks too spastic.

I have both, but I only ever use Rebuke as an alpha-strike charge (assuming I don't open with Condemn instead) or I may tap Rebuke... usually, though, Conduit all the way.

Archived Post
04-22-2010, 09:13 AM
There's no real reason to use Rebuke except for Crippling Challenge or thematic purposes. If you want a charged heal, go for Psionic Healing.

Does damage similar to Conflagration.

Similar to Conflagration without UA, maybe. Or did you mean with rapid tapping or something?

Archived Post
04-22-2010, 09:40 AM
There's no real reason to use Rebuke except for Crippling Challenge or thematic purposes. If you want a charged heal, go for Psionic Healing.

Similar to Conflagration without UA, maybe. Or did you mean with rapid tapping or something?

I just meant that when I was futzing around with high-PRE builds, the two most obvious options were Celestial and Fire. It's been awhile since I directly compared the damage-per-tick of Conflag and Conduit, but my impression at the time was that they were basically equal, in terms of how quickly they melted spawns.

Whether that's because Fireball (UA debuff) has such a small area-of-effect, and therefore Conflag was only doing roughly half of its potential damage to portions of a given spawn -- or whether that's because Conduit is just that uber, I don't remember. I do know that Illumination + Conduit is a very good option for AoE damage.

And since Conduit is also a heal, to me it's a no-brainer. If you have high PRE, then chances are your build would be improved by taking Conduit.

(Edit: Also, at the time I was testing this stuff, Conflag was buggy without the advantage, and so you couldn't take rank 3. That might also have influenced my impression of its damage potential. I'll have to look around in-game when I get a chance to get a more concrete and up-to-date picture.)

Archived Post
04-22-2010, 10:19 AM
They will do similar damage per tick, but if you're just maintaining Conduit normally, Conflag ticks twice as fast.

Archived Post
04-22-2010, 10:37 AM
I like both but my favorite is: Conduit

Rebuke
- In PvP your target will be dead before you finish charging it
+ Cripling Chalenge
+ You can run while taping on it
+ It can be combined with the Power which grants critical (dont remember name)
- Animation for healing looks fool
+ High range

Conduit
+ Huge healing and good dps
- You cant move while using it
- Low range