PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever try a melee healer?

Archived Post
04-07-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm getting bored of FC now (yeah yeah, ADD, sue me), and I had a thought: Melee healer. Take the might EB, mighty leap with crippling (since I'd never have to use it in PvE anyways, negating chances of a WHOOPS HEALER CHALLENED THERAKIEL) sigils, ego storm with adv, collective will, and spam haymaker taps until the cows come home. I could take havok stomp to make PvE even more of a joke.

Thoughts?

(energy is not an issue, I run in support stance with SS rec)

Edit: actually, how about uppercut then fireball->heatwave instead? Heatwave gets a discount in support stance because of the hold effect.

Archived Post
04-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Sparkstorm may be better than havoc stomp if the things don't change on test. On live I still think it's better. More damage. Get the toggle adv just walk around zapping everything. If you get ionic reverb that could be super lol.

Archived Post
04-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Oh, I'll have sparkstorm, of course. Not offensively, but in PvE if I'm layering sigils/egostorm/sparkstorm I may not even need an offensive, didn't think of that.

Well, honestly, the only reason I wanted it was to have a way to use the enrage and growth effect, but spending that many power points on what would basically be a novelty isn't a good idea I guess.

The only issue is single-target long range, but if I'm going to just be pets, PBAoE, and melee, that's not an issue either. Just mighty leap them then pour on the petspam, and if they run oh well. I'll have to check the price on retconning that way.

Archived Post
04-07-2010, 02:34 PM
I made a "melee" healer once. I SSed Pre and End and used aura of primal majesty to boost all of my stats by a bit, so that my strength would go up too. That aura also stacks too. I used shadow form and Burning Chi Fist for when I wanted to enter avenger role. That character worked out ok and you could add any power that you wanted.

Archived Post
04-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Sparkstorm may be better than havoc stomp if the things don't change on test. On live I still think it's better. More damage. Get the toggle adv just walk around zapping everything. If you get ionic reverb that could be super lol.
Don't think sparkstorm works with ionic reverb -- reverb gives energy when powers arc, and sparkstorm doesn't arc (it does knockback instead).

Archived Post
04-08-2010, 12:54 AM
Don't think sparkstorm works with ionic reverb -- reverb gives energy when powers arc, and sparkstorm doesn't arc (it does knockback instead).

In groups I swore it was counting on my electric guy but it's been months since I played him so I could be way off.

Archived Post
04-08-2010, 04:21 AM
Had to give up on it for one reason: Uh, the new EB taunt animation? I KEPT GETTING STUCK IN IT. While covered in mobs.

Yeah, dying five times in a row in the powerhouse because my character wanted to stop and point to the enemy, lolwut? Went over to a more sorcery-oriented build. Kept FC, but took more pets and sigils so I can go with a pet-sih build.

Archived Post
04-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Melee healer never makes sense to me, since it seems like you'd want max vision/awareness for your healer.

I like sorcery/fire/healer combos

SS PRE, and maybe INT
Possible dual builds - FireForm and an Aura
Some Circle

Offense
Arcane Sigils, Fireball, Heatwave, maybe Thermal Reverb and a Fire AoE, maybe Toxic Nanites

Healing
Psionic Healing, Mindful Reinforcement, Bionic Shielding

Could also try circle of arcane power + sword cyclone, in case someone braved the Arcane Sigils.

Archived Post
04-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Actually, I'm using CoEW now, with the massive CoPD nerf, the fear effect on it makes it a far better survival tool. Way to go overnerf Cryptic.

Archived Post
04-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Bubblehearth! :D

Archived Post
04-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Most people can't make a melee killer. You want to make a healer, now?

Archived Post
04-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Actually, I've already moved onto masses of pets. i'll confess it wasn't really for PvP though, as pretty much everything of value (itemwise) is turning into a giant PvE farm. It's still useful in ZA and Stronghold though, but yeah, a lot of stupid design decisions by the devs are weighing me down right now.

I'm actually really pessimistic about the melee pass. I have a feeling a bunch of FotM stuff is going to come out of it, actual melee will comparitively still suck, and there will be several bugs of the STC variety which won't get fixed for months.

Archived Post
04-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Actually, I've already moved onto masses of pets. i'll confess it wasn't really for PvP though, as pretty much everything of value (itemwise) is turning into a giant PvE farm. It's still useful in ZA and Stronghold though, but yeah, a lot of stupid design decisions by the devs are weighing me down right now.

I'm actually really pessimistic about the melee pass. I have a feeling a bunch of FotM stuff is going to come out of it, actual melee will comparitively still suck, and there will be several bugs of the STC variety which won't get fixed for months.

^^^ I guarantee this. I've found several. I WILL HOLD THEM HOSTAGE TIL THEY BUFF MIGHT THOUGH.