PDA

View Full Version : Weather Man build

Archived Post
03-17-2010, 05:49 PM
I took Force bolt... for wind power... Sonic Arrow for Thunder.... Shock Arrow for lightning... I want dark void shilde for wind shield... I was thinking about getting ice moves, fire, and force, dark moves... how should i make this build... i was think about getting ice form to boost explosive arrows and toxic nanites to add to torrent arrows... i want and weather man feel/Arrow build... Help wanted... thanks

Archived Post
03-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Scotty... full power... to the... shields...

Joking aside Mr. Shatner, btw I loved Boston Legal, you are being way too broad at what you want to do. You want everything under the sun.

Yes Explosive arrow and ice form are a nice combo. Your super stats for using an offensive defense is going to use Endurance at the least, so that you get the most bang out of your buck. Another idea is Electric Form and Gigabolt everything to death. Which works quite well and still fits a "weather" theme.

Archived Post
03-17-2010, 06:22 PM
another option is to get good powers and just recolor them to suit the particular element. Like... Yellow colored force bolts for lightning.

Archived Post
03-17-2010, 07:02 PM
comment please....

Archived Post
03-17-2010, 07:09 PM
I mentioned these in your other thread, but it looks like this is where I should have posted them:

Thunderstrike, Gigabolt, Snow Storm, Invocation of Storm Calling, Heatwave.

Archived Post
03-17-2010, 07:18 PM
lvl 1: Throw Fire
lvl 1: Sonic Arrows
lvl 5: Taser Arrow
lvl 5: Fire Flight
lvl 8: Ebon Void or Force Shield?
lvl 11: Wall of Ice
lvl 14: Sonic Device
lvl 17: Torrent of Arrows
lvl 20: Ice Form or Electric Form ?
lvl 23: Toxic Nanites
lvl 26: Explosive Arrow
lvl 29: Gigabolt
lvl 32: Thunderstrike
lvl 35: Snow Strom
lvl 35: Earth Flight or Teleport
lvl 38: Flash Fire

Tell me what u think and add comments.... plus i dont know what SS to get?

Archived Post
03-17-2010, 07:50 PM
You are taking a lot of powers that are simply redundant and impossible to use together effectively.

Look at your AoE powers for example. Explosive arrow with wtk is good because you can fire it off then begin channeling or charging another power. However Snow Storm, Torrent of Arrows and Conflag cannot be used together. There is no reason to have all 3.

Also if you aren't going to take regen for a defensive passive then you need healing and Oh! $#1^ buttons. BCR, Psi Heal, Resurgence, MF and/or other powers are basicly needed.

I get you are trying to make a theme but you are trying too hard to fill a theme and are setting yourself up for a poor play experience due to poor power choices. Satisfaction with your theme can only get you so much fun.

Archived Post
03-18-2010, 06:18 AM
Honestly, I have no idea if this helps or not but this is what I'm planning on a weather control character of mine. Now take this with a grain of salt as I haven't playtested this character and her build all that much yet but so far it's been fun. And yes, I don't plan on taking a passive....that may change in the future though.

As far SS, I'd start with whatever passive you decide to go with. Just a thought.

Build by championBuilder 0.4.1 (http://champions.zarzu.ch)

Download this Build here. (http://champions.zarzu.ch/download.php?download=4132g50m00701201070110046zz0 0080340210702211060h100704301070130207016010604532 60h12250940501705zz0c50i5675y1095y2065y2075y20z5y2 0y5y20x5y21625y0065y0077Arellah0000000000000000)

Arella: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
Level 5: Super Recovery
Level 13: Super Endurance

Powers:
Level 1: Radiance
Level 1: Chain Lightning -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 5: Sparkstorm -- Rank 2, Electric Personality
Level 5: Flight -- Rank 2
Level 8: Force Shield -- Force Sheath, Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 11: Heat Wave -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 14: Sigils Of The Primal Storm -- Rank 2
Level 17: Snow Storm -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 20: Thunderstrike -- Ionic Compression, Rank 2
Level 23: Electrocute -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 26: Vapor Form -- Distilled Chill
Level 29: Invocation Of Storm Calling -- Electrical Storm
Level 32: Smoke Bomb
Level 35: Ball Lightning
Level 35: Earth Flight
Level 38: Rebirth

Talents:
Level 1: Electric Potential
Level 6: Tireless
Level 9: Energetic
Level 12: Amazing Stamina
Level 15: Prodigy
Level 18: Lasting Impression
Level 21: Survival Training

Archived Post
03-18-2010, 07:12 AM
My signature character is a storm summoner as that's what he was in CoX. I've spent a fair bit of time thinking about this sort of thing.

Roxtar your build is on track but there are a couple of things I would change.

Replace one of those ranks in Chain Lightning with the advantage. Use it instead of the normal energy builder to build energy.

Replace a rank on Snow Storm for the advantage. Rank 2 Snow Storm with advantage is all you need for your AoE needs.

Vapor Form and Smoke Bomb are essentially redundant. I'd replace one with an active defense of your choice.

You don't have a passive of any kind. I'd pick regeneration - not just because it's the flavour of the month right now but because you have super recovery.

Get rid of Ball Lightning to make room for a passive. I've not tested it in a couple of months but I doubt it has been changed and the last time I saw it the thing was useless.

Sigils of the Primal Storm are OK but they're actually not all that storm-like. I chose Gigabolt for a solid click ranged attack.

Archived Post
03-18-2010, 07:16 AM
My signature character is a storm summoner as that's what he was in CoX. I've spent a fair bit of time thinking about this sort of thing.

Roxtar your build is on track but there are a couple of things I would change.

Replace one of those ranks in Chain Lightning with the advantage. Use it instead of the normal energy builder to build energy.

Replace a rank on Snow Storm for the advantage. Rank 2 Snow Storm with advantage is all you need for your AoE needs.

Vapor Form and Smoke Bomb are essentially redundant. I'd replace one with an active defense of your choice.

You don't have a passive of any kind. I'd pick regeneration - not just because it's the flavour of the month right now but because you have super recovery.

Get rid of Ball Lightning to make room for a passive. I've not tested it in a couple of months but I doubt it has been changed and the last time I saw it the thing was useless.

Sigils of the Primal Storm are OK but they're actually not all that storm-like. I chose Gigabolt for a solid click ranged attack.

Thanks for the advice, I'll definately be looking into this. As for Vapor Form and Smoke bomb. Those were basically for theme/redundant cooldown getaways. And that I couldn't think of anything I really wanted at the time I made the build.

Archived Post
03-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Sparkstorm + Electric Personality & Invocation Of Storm Calling + Electrical Storm do not combine well - I tried them. The effect is comical - the combined KB of two maintains launches everything out of range. Unfortunately, that means you lose the combined DPS and energy resist debuff.

Combine:
Electrocute + Superconductor
Sparkstorm + Electric Personality
Ball Lightning
Lightning Arc + Never Strikes Twice
Storm Sigils
Electric form

If you get the Electrocute hold on, you'll have four concurrent sources of heavily buffed damage.

Archived Post
03-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Sparkstorm + Electric Personality & Invocation Of Storm Calling + Electrical Storm do not combine well - I tried them. The effect is comical - the combined KB of two maintains launches everything out of range. Unfortunately, that means you lose the combined DPS and energy resist debuff.

Combine:
Electrocute + Superconductor
Ball Lightning
Lightning Arc + Never Strikes Twice
Storm Sigils
Electric form

If you get the Electrocute hold on, you'll have four concurrent sources of heavily buffed damage.

You're right. That's a lot of stacked damage. That scenario would make quick work of supervillains. On anything legendary or stronger you won't want to stand close enough to allow that stuff to have an effect.

Still, I don't like ball lightning. It's extremely unreliable. It's best skipped.

Archived Post
03-18-2010, 03:36 PM
I am making a storm caller type character too.

So far, I feel like the most 'weather control' possible combination of powers are:

Teleport
Earth Flight

Electric Bolt
Electric Shield
Thunder Strike
Force Eruption (the best 'Thunder' sound in the game)
Frost Breath (like an icy wind)
Regeneration (looks like electricity if colored right)
Snow Storm
Conflagration (use it same time as snow storm (colored the same) for crazy stormy damage)
Invocation of Storm Calling
Ebon Rift (lingering dark cloud)
Force Cascade (giant blast of Wind)
Psychic Vortex
Ego Hold

Its pretty sweet actually, getting Ebon Rift and Psychic Vortex up together, then casting snow storm and conflag immediately following. With all of them going at once and Lightning striking in the midst once in a while - it just looks like a crazy storm from hell lol.

Stat right (REC/INT) and you can do decently in PvP with it, using the force cascade on players and all the AoE's on the mobs like Zombie Apocalypse and Strong Hold Prison.

But teleport in this build is key - as you are squishy as heck with no extra heals or active defenses :) Makes sense for a mage though.

NOTE: Earth flight has a 'cloud' option if you use it in the air. You actually can just jump then hold 't' and you'll summon the cloud. It really helps with the 'stormy' feel :)

Sorry OP, no arrow powers in this build though.

Archived Post
03-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Why INT?

Also - why no coloured heat wave? It's great stormy power.

Storm is one of those things that's never going to get a proper framework because it's reasonable to piece it together from multiple frameworks. Still, I'm waiting for a Sonic framework or something of that nature in order to use blasts of wind and thunder.

Also I find it extremely difficult to have vortex, rift, conflagration and snow storm up at the same time. Most of those powers don't linger on nearly long enough after their initial maintain to have this work.

Archived Post
03-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Why INT?

Also - why no coloured heat wave? It's great stormy power.

Storm is one of those things that's never going to get a proper framework because it's reasonable to piece it together from multiple frameworks. Still, I'm waiting for a Sonic framework or something of that nature in order to use blasts of wind and thunder.

Also I find it extremely difficult to have vortex, rift, conflagration and snow storm up at the same time. Most of those powers don't linger on nearly long enough after their initial maintain to have this work.

Well, it is a bit tricky.

Vortex and Ebon Rift aren't hard to get up together. But you have to time Storm and Conflag right. I cast Vortex as it lingers for a long time then Ebon Rift. Then immediately storm for about 3 seconds and then maintain conflag. Its is pretty sweet seeing the number fly though. Conflag takes the cake in that department.

My favorite of the combo is Storm and Conflag with follow advantage though. Awesome damage and so stormy looking. It is super effective in PvP as well. You don't get high burst damage numbers, but with storm slowing people down it makes it easier to maintain on someone for a longer time. An added bonus in PvP is Teleporters get hit by the damage even when phased, because it is AoE :)

I made a new storm character, focused on Ice storms. At level 17 I already have Storm and Conflag and Regen, with ice wall and ice breath. So pretty much everything is slowed all the time, and I can take on HUGE groups of mobs - no one can get away before I take them out. It is extremely fun.

Ok, Rec & Int super stats with Gear focused on Endurance will make it so you have little to no energy problems with all the maintains, as you always have a full endurance bar at the start of a fight, and just 2 or 3 hits with the energy builder builds you all the way back to full.

Archived Post
03-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Okay, so here's a new updated build that I think will be a lot of fun. What do you guys think?

Build by championBuilder 0.4.1 (http://champions.zarzu.ch)

Download this Build here. (http://champions.zarzu.ch/download.php?download=4132g603003604200803402107zz 001050i5070221206011046035126013027043030504537015 020701221060h1225zz0450i5675y1095y2065y2075y2015y2 0z5y20j5y20k25y0065y0077Arellah0000000000000000)

Arella: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
Level 5: Super Recovery
Level 13: Super Endurance

Powers:
Level 1: Force Bolts -- Energy Refraction
Level 1: Ice Blast -- Rank 2
Level 5: Force Shield -- Force Sheath, Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 5: Flight -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 8: Regeneration
Level 11: Heat Wave -- Engulfing Flames, Rank 2
Level 14: Sparkstorm -- Electric Personality
Level 17: Field Surge -- Power Swell
Level 20: Thunderstrike -- Ionic Compression
Level 23: Snow Storm -- Eye Of The Storm, Rank 2
Level 26: Vapor Form
Level 29: Electric Sheath -- Matter - Energy Union, Rank 2
Level 32: Gigabolt -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 35: Invocation Of Storm Calling -- Electrical Storm
Level 35: Teleport
Level 38: Rebirth

Talents:
Level 1: Electric Potential
Level 6: Tireless
Level 9: Energetic
Level 12: Agile
Level 15: Amazing Stamina
Level 18: Impresario
Level 21: Accurate

Archived Post
03-25-2010, 10:28 AM
i dont remember the order or advantages i took with these powers (im at work so i can't check :( ) but these are the powers, up to lvl 27, that i've got:

Electric Bolt
Sparkstorm
thunderstrike
gigabolt
electric sheath
regeneration
snow storm
ice breath
conflagration
invocation of storm calling
flight

these, to me, seem the most "stormy" out of all of the powers. its a bit of AoE overkill, but honestly the build seems to be working really well. better than my telekinetic themed character, for sure...

Archived Post
03-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Ya - Electric is super powered in this game.

And for the most part - AoE's are King :)

I was shocked how well I did in PvP with this concept tooon.

:D