PDA

View Full Version : Someone recommended LR, are they hosing me?


Archived Post
03-13-2010, 06:26 PM
I remember how horrible Lightning Reflexes was after the massive nerfs and buffs to the mobs.....basically when i left.

Anyway, someone recommended LR as a passive and having DEX as one of my SS ( he uses INT as the other to reduce endurance costs, said it's noticeable).

So, has there been some sort of change to LR in the past several months?

Archived Post
03-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Yes, it's been made worse. The basic problem with LR is that it's fairly marginal against 95% of the game's content, and absolutely awesome against the remaining 5%.

Archived Post
03-13-2010, 06:47 PM
How does it fare in PvP?

Archived Post
03-13-2010, 06:56 PM
If someone recommended LR, you must have done something really awful to them at some point because they are actively attempting to make your gaming experience absolutely awful. :D

Listen to Pantagruel, his tests of the relative merits of the various defensive passives have been very informative.

Archived Post
03-13-2010, 07:30 PM
I personallly use Lightning Reflexes as a sort of hybrid offensive/defensive passive.

As physical attacks have no true offensive passive (and no, Defiance + Enrage does not count), going Dex + Ego is the closest I can to getting a true offensive passive for those powers.

Archived Post
03-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Someone was having fun at your expense.

Best bet is to take something else and pretend to be dodging. Its that bad.

Its strength is against charges, only we have a little thing called block.

Archived Post
03-14-2010, 03:10 AM
How does it fare in PvP?

Mixed bag. Great against certain builds but you're going to see most of that type of build go away next patch. Like wearing underoos against most things. Have you tried invulnerability on test? It may be what you are looking for.

Archived Post
03-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Invuln and defiance are going to be the Defenses of choice for some time.

LR and PFF are sad, pathetic things at the the moment, both are only good if you have a build which deals a lot of AoE alpha damage, to mow down minions and such before they deal too much damage to you.

Lighting reflexes was over [in fact double] nerfed, it only needed the Cap from Dex added, not the lowering of numbers as well. It got both, at the same time, and right when critter attack speed was 'fixed', since then refixed to be closer to the old rate of attack.

Even after the critter rebalancing, LR is entirely sub par unless you pair it with Archeries' Energy builder advantage [Aversion from Strafe]. And some argue even now that Aversion is better to just use with another defense passive. :(


Until LR gets rebalanced upwards, all my characters are getting Defiance or Invuln. Maybe one or two Regeners.



Coming from me, that should tell you something.

Archived Post
03-14-2010, 09:20 AM
LR can only be emulated by Strafe/Aversion, and stacks well with mitigation and HoTs. Compare that top the mitigation defenses, which can be emulated by gear (especially the 50% defense devices) and certain powers. Regeneration can be emulated by Bountiful Chi Resurgence, Bionic Shielding, stims etc. It's not perfect, it's not going to make you unbeatable in PvP and PvE, and you have to compliment it. But it's no insult to recommend it to someone.

Archived Post
03-15-2010, 12:37 AM
LR can only be emulated by wet paper

FTFY.

I really don't want to emulate it. I want to be harder to kill.

Archived Post
03-15-2010, 12:44 AM
How does it fare in PvP?

Not too well, especially with the state of things as they are now on Live. Maintained attacks, like those in munitions and power armor, are kryptonite to LR characters. Even without those, most players will be smart enough to use fast, tap attacks to trump your Lightning Reflexes.

Lightning Reflexes is in desperate need of a buff.

Archived Post
03-15-2010, 12:52 PM
FTFY.

I really don't want to emulate it. I want to be harder to kill.

For you, I recommend Lobby. Makes you unkillable in PvP.